Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blog #5

When the class was first assigned Essay 4, I thought this homework was going to be boring. As I started looking at different ads on magazines, the media, and internet, I thought about myself as the viewer. I thought to myself what attracts me to an ad? Then, I answered my own question, humor. So I began to look for an ad that made me laugh and when I found one I started to analyze it in great detail. So I asked myself, what about this ad made me laugh? I then, figured that it was how one can relate to the commercial which was the funny side of it.

Essay four was good, because I chose the commercial to analyze and I found some interested things. If I had more time to complete this assignment, I would definitely take my time organizing my body paragraphs. I just think that my paragraphs need to be thought out a little more so they could be arrange better. One thing I would do the same is keeping the commercial of my choice. This is because I really liked that my ad used humor to bring in the audience. I would not be satisfied if I had chosen another genre for the commercial. I have learned how to analyze an ad with specific details. Now, I see ads in a completely different way.

As far as the resume project, I did the normal format of it. I would use a different format, because the one I used is too simple. It looks like I did not even try. What I found helpful was the worksheet given to us in class. It gave us an idea of how the layout of a resume should be. I have done resumes before but it has been almost two years since I have done one. Not having my resume in front of me frustrated me. This was a pain because the resume I had before was structured differently, and I could not remember how it looked. I wanted this resume for school to look as professional as the one I had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment