Friday, July 2, 2010

Blog #3

When the class was assigned to do a synthesis I was confused. I have never done a synthesis before so I did not even know what it consisted of. Even though Kristen gave us a worksheet that sort of help guide me through the essay, I really had to think about the organization of the paragraphs. It took a long time to do the synthesis. Therefore, the interview was easier to do. Mainly because I knew my mom very well and needed very little help of her in the interviewing process. I really enjoyed writing the interview, because I got to bond with my mom. I usually see her over the weekends, because she lives in Chicago. Well that gives me a limited time to work with her. The only thing I would do differently would be if I could possibly have more time to interview my mom. The hardest thing was that I found that we would start talking about her then slowly change the subject. I would use two exercises which are the transitions and the TS/CD. The transitions are a good way of putting two sentences that have nothing in common and somehow relate them to one another. The writer could use this because the writer could run into this problem with when doing the paper and this would really help in this situation. Well the TS/CD exercise is good because it helps the writer know how a paragraph should be structured. It helps the writer get an idea of how to go about writing the essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment