Saturday, October 2, 2010

Blog #1

When reading the sections of “They say/I say”, I realized that the only thing I knew when writing a paper was that it consisted of an introduction, body and conclusion. I know that we need a thesis statement, a topic sentence, and supporting details. Reading further into the sections, I found interesting that it had “templates” that we could use in our own writing. At first, I thought that these templates would take away from my originality of my paper.

As I kept on reading, it showed me ways of putting my own unique touches to my writing. The templates are like a guide for the writer to get started when writing paper. It is not intended to keep our creativeness away from our writing. It is a way to help our writing develop and expand the way we write. It also helps us with our critical thinking. It was also useful to know that we do not have to necessarily use he says, he shows, he writes, etc. That is why this section guides us so our papers will not be boring and repetitive with the same phrases that everybody else uses in their writing. Overall, these segments I found to be resourceful. I will definitely look back at these sections when writing my papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment