Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Research Paper Free Write

I was born and raised in Chicago. I have five siblings and twelve nieces and nephews. Living in Chicago was not easy because there is a lot of gang violence there. In high school, there seemed to be an epidemic of teen pregnancy. My school was not the best but not the worst either. I was the only one of my family that graduated with honors from high school. I am the only one that has continued with my education. It was rough growing up in Chicago, because everybody expected me to be like everyone else. Dropouts, gangs, and teen pregnancy ruled my neighborhood.
In high school, I use to play volleyball and softball. During my freshman year, I was on the chess team. I traveled to Peoria for chess tournaments and won various awards in those events. In the spring time, I am trying to join a softball team so I can keep busy. I love sports in general. During the football season, I watch different football teams go at it. I hardly see any television shows, because I am either busy with work or homework. I do not watch the news because around that time I am most likely sleeping.
I have an almost three year old, so most of my time is spent with him. I am a twenty four hour case manager. I will be getting married in November of this year down in Mexico. I have a lot on my plate right now. I do not believe that I will have any more children, but I would like to adopt a little one when I do not have so much on my plate.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a topic, yet? Could you formulate a reason why kids get into gangs? Argue your position.

    ReplyDelete